Winter Skin Care:
On the east coast of South Africa, winter means a drier climate and that means drier skins.
One option to keep your skin beautifully supple and hydrated is to have a treatment whereby key ingredients that support and maintain skin hydration and essential cellular functions, are injected very superficially into the skin
Three important mechanisms of aging are;
- Slowed metabolic processes (such as slowed regeneration and collagen synthesis)
- Build up of free radicals (which damages the regenerative cells that we need to keep us young and healthy)
- Hyaluronic acid deficiency which reduces our ability to retain water in the skin.
The ingredients in these hydrating treatments are “natural”, by this I mean hypoallergenic and biocompatible. Hyaluronic acid, as an example, is a substance naturally found in the body. Many products also contain essential anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids which all work together to improve skin quality and prevent aging.
The various formulations address aging by;
- Stimulating cellular activity
- Blocking free radicals and
- Hydrating the skin
This results in;
- softer, more flexible skin, less inclined to crease and wrinkle
- more even complexion and less pigmentation
It’s subtle and the results are cumulative, needing on average about 2 – 3 treatment sessions spaced a few weeks apart.
The treatment involves the application of a numbing cream for 30min followed by product administration by very superficial injections, and minimal down time. Depending on the technique used you can return to normal life immediately after the procedure or the very next day.
To learn more visit;
For more information and to schedule an appointment, contact us on 032 586 1402.